Thursday, January 25, 2007

Some people just can't be pleased

And I guess I fall into that category.

I am involved with a wonderful man. He is caring, considerate, helpful, passionate, and a whole slew of other great things. So why aren't I happy? Isn't this exactly what I asked for? My mom always said be careful what you ask for, you just may get it. I got it. In Spades. It's too much. Not just a little too much once in awhile. But alot too much all the time. He is so intense and so in love with me that I can't breath. It scares me. I'm not used to it and not sure I am meant for it.

I know, I have to communicate these things with him, but it's hard. If I am open and up front, his feelings get hurt. He does take it personally when I say I just need some space and time. I have had my feelings tromped on so many times that I just can't bring myself to do it to him. I know that's not my intent but I can't seem to say what I need to without taking on guilt which only makes the problem worse.

I love him, but am truly not sure where this relationship is going. I think I need to get back to a simple friendship and not such an intense relationship. How do I do that? Is it really possible?

No comments: