Ok....so you should never eat dairy products or type carnal thoughts just prior to going to bed because they will mess with your mind and cause weird dreams.
I woke up about a half dozen times in the night and each time I found myself talking. To whom you may ask? The man sitting on the floor next to the bed of course. You know the one. Young, taut body with old eyes. Yeah, I could see his eyes this time. Bluish grey. It's the arms that get me though. The bicep and how it flows into the tricep. The natural curve and hardness. And tan. And strong.
I asked why he was on the floor, he said it was too cold. I fished around in the dark by the window, looking for the AC knob to turn it off. I moved Shelby from her favorite place (the middle of the bed) and settled back in. Pulling the covers tight around my neck. He was right, it is cold. Only now I'm awake to know that "he" doesn't exist. 12:58 I have been asleep a whole 15 minutes. WTF.
Next thing I know, I'm hot. Throw the covers off. "geez baby, give a guy some warning" I apologize. I'm laying there, with just the sheet pulled back up on me and I can feel those arms. Around me. And I have to pee. I can hear his breathing, steady. The occasional deep breath. He's warm and soft. And hard at the same time. I really have to pee. I gingerly scoot out from under the covers. No lights so "he " won't wake up. I even close the bathroom door before switching on the light. My eyes scrunch shut. Damn, I need to remember to take these contacts out. Oh well too late for tonight.
Business done and hands washed, I realize. I hate it when I realize. I open the bathroom door and the light shines across the bed and there she is....smack in the middle of the bed, with her head on my pillow. How can a 6lb dog pressed against my back feel so much like hot taut body? Is wishful thinking really taking over my life? 1:21am
I'm against my side. Tight against the edge. In a king size bed, I'm nestled against the edge (ha! I said Edge, twice) literally hanging off it and there is Shelby in all her 6lb fluffy glory, snoozing. On my fluffy blanket, snuggled against my pillow. She isn't busy sleeping around anything. She is just...sleeping. 1:58am
What was that noise?? Shhhh.... he's pulling me back into the covers. Back into his arms. I feel his breath against my neck. It's just the cat, out on the AC wanting to come in. He begs me not to get up. Not to break the spell. Shelby is sitting upright on the bed. Head tipped back and she howls. Just like a wolf would howl. I jump out of bed, grab her under my arm and head to the side door to let the cat in. We walk back into the bedroom. Same empty bed. I toss Shelbs onto the bed and tell her to go to sleep 3:36am. Man I need to get some sleep.
I wake up. I have no idea why. the sky is showing signs of light. Clock says 4:56am. Roomie is not in the shower yet. Oh that's right , she is off from work today. Alarm goes off at 5:00am. I hit snooze without even thinking about it.
5:07- one eye pops open, looks at the clock. Grrrrr....I need to get in shower before other roomie comes upstairs. I'm going to take another 7 min. I hit the snooze.
5:15- WTF...why do you keep bothering me when I'm starting to sleep so well. OK...stealing another 7 min. That's it. Just one more time.
5:31....music has been on for about 9 minutes. Drool, sliming down the side of my face. Was that Def Leppard or Bon Jovi? Bridge collapse...4 dead.......omg.....my bed is sooooo comfortable and I'm sleeping soooo good. Glance again at the clock 5:35. Holy shit...I gotta get going.
I feel like I have already put in a full day's work.
3 comments:
Wonderful stream-of-conscience writing. Truly good.
I don't know how old you are. Are you sitting down? Sounds like menopause coming on to me. Sorry babe.
I do that too. Then while I'm rushing around trying to get ready I think to myself, it wasn't really worth it because I really don't feel anymore rested than I did when I woke up the first time so don't do that anymore. Then I do it again the next time.
Hey, at least "hot and taught" stays the same throughout! My dream visitors always morph - not always in a good way! ;)
Post a Comment