Thursday, August 2, 2007

Just another evening

Of doing what I love to do these days. It's become a solitary life but one that I am enjoying. Can you believe this beach is only about 20 min from where I work? I left the office last night and landed here with a book and my camera. I strolled into the water and it was heavenly.

Beach off E. Grand Ave, Old Orchard Beach, ME

Plenty enough room to play ball

And fly kites.

My eyes, these days, cannot stop snapping pictures. My thoughts cannot be conveyed in just words. It's become an addiction. The snapping and shooting and searching and chasing. The quick stops on a mountain road at sunset...
Rte 26A, Gray, ME
North Hill, Buckfield, ME

Or a few minutes spent at a lake...


Middle Range Pond, Poland, ME

I am a very lucky person. I get to see those places, in different shades of light every day. By the time I got home last night I was still on a high from all the wonders. Suddenly I had an idea. I wanted to go in the pool. It was dusk, just hints of pink in the sky. I begged Heather to join me and she did. We ran laps and swam. The water felt like it had been heated. After a few minutes we both settled onto our noodles and just floated. Crickets chirping, croaking frogs in the far off distance, swish of the occasional car going by, gentle lapping of the water against the side of the pool and the constant jangle of Shelby's collar.

A not totally solitary life.

3 comments:

perdido said...

beautiful pics! you are lucky!!!

Edge said...

someone has developed quite the eye with her Nikon.
Lovely photos boobabe.
I gotta get to Maine

Cin said...

Those pics are beautiful!