Jokingly I said on Wednesday that if we didn't go to his sister's Thanksgiving evening then we could put up the Christmas tree. Thursday morning I was in the living room watching the Today show and was waiting for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. There was no cooking going on. We were going to a restaurant with my family for dinner so it was just a quiet morning.
Suddenly I could hear a crashing sound. It was about 8am. Sam came into the living room with the Xmas tree. Last year I bought a fake one right after Xmas. No more mess with needles, spilled water or from the damned thing tipping over.
I burst out laughing. Yeah he was calling my bluff but I was up for the challenge. We moved the furniture around and vacuumed the carpet and set up the tree.
It took all weekend but we finally got it looking like this today. Notice the shelves are filled with "stuff" as well. I have sooo much Xmas crap. I gave away 4 boxes of decorations and I still have 2 totes of things that I don't have room for and that doesn't include Sam's things.
In between decorating we cleaned the basement and shopped on Friday. Yup we braved the black-Friday crowds. We got up at 3am and was at Kohl's for 4am. Yeah, we are totally INSANE. Got a few good deals but most we just got exhausted. I'm heading back to work tomorrow to get rested up.
6 comments:
So you were amongst the teeming hoards.........and you survived! Yay for you! ;)
That is a lovely tree. It must feel good to have it twinkling at you :)
It looks beeyoutiful! Don't you just hate the fluffing????
Black Friday *shivers* brave brave woman. Boy do I need to catch up. Sam?
love you hun
AND your tree is gorgeous.
Your tree looks beautiful! I need to put mine up soon!
The tree is lovely! I went out at around 6:30am on black friday - only went to Bath&bodyworks though. That was enough.
Love ya!!
Post a Comment