I am scaling back this year. I have said that before and I have scaled back compared to years ago but there is still room for trimming. But then there are some people I just have to buy for, even if it's just a token gift. But I guess that is the spirit of Xmas.
We are doing something very different for Thanksgiving this year. My whole extended family on my mother's side is going out for dinner. We have a room reserved at a restaurant w/ a buffet. We haven't all been together in years. The room will hold up to 50 people and I think there will be close to that many people there. No huge food bill. No slaving for hours, cooking, baking and cleaning. No eating in shifts. No spending hours cleaning up. No finding things broken after everyone leaves. No clogged toilets. No trying to find homes for all the dishes that got left behind. No trying to find room in the fridge for leftovers. Leftovers?? No leftovers. No leftovers?? Wahhhhhhhhhhhh. I will miss not having the leftovers but it is a small price to pay. It's $15 a plate. Only $45 for Sam and Sarah and I. Still a much lower out of pocket expense than putting on the meal. I'm assuming that Heather and her BF will be there as well. (at least I hope so). The other nice thing is having a plan. No arguments and hemming and hawing. Just be there, eat, visit, then go home(for a nap).
Shelby was so cute this weekend. She is trying her hand at balancing a checkbook. She helped Sam organize and pay his bills.
He doesn't do much without her right there to join in. She is the same with me. At least she lays peacefully and doesn't bother. The cats on the otherhand will walk on the checkbook or keyboard or whatever you are trying to use. Then they'll flop down, right where you're trying to work.
1 comment:
that sounds so cool! wish I had a family that big to share it with - you're lucky!
Post a Comment