You know those people who say they could never retire because they would be sooo bored?? I'm not one of them!!
The first thing I would do with my time if I retired would be sleep in. Boy that does the soul good and I don't think we do nearly enough of it.
The second thing I would do is get a few more books read and a few more shops visited. I would puruse antique and primitives shops. I would take a trip to Amish country and partake in some Shoo-Fly pie. I would read every Steven King and John Grisham book. Even the ones I've already read.
The third thing I would do is take all my meetings at the beach. If it's winter then we must all go to Hawaii to meet. Can you imagine Christmas on a beach? I mean drag the tree, gifts, food and all the trimmings out onto the sand. We could dig into the sand to make a firepit to take the place of a fireplace. We could drive sticks into the ground and hang stockings from them. They should be 5-6 ft long at least I would think. Sam could bring his turkey fryer. Everyone should email me what they are going to bring and I will organize the meal. Oooo...this is soo much fun.
The fourth thing I would do is make and take the time to spend with family and friends but only if they are willing to meet at the beach. No excuses. I'll get a wagon to haul your asses if need be. And an umbrella for any sun sensitive people would be ok too.
The fifth thing I would do is take an afternoon nap. EVERY afternoon. In a hammock or floating in a pool or laying on my bed in front of the AC on a boiling hot day or on the couch with the sun streaming on me on a bitter cold day. Rest is a wonderful thing. There is nothing like falling into the arms of the sandman and beng lulled into a peaceful slumber. Only a slumber...not really a sleep. Sleep will be saved for later on.
The sixth thing I would do is cook more. Yeah you can pick yourself up off the floor. I am actually wanting to cook more these days. I don't know it it's Sam or my Pampered Chef stuff but I am feeling a little more domesticated these days. I'm thinking of a warm summer evening and the smell of charcoal. Geez I'm making myself hungry.
The seventh thing I would do is take in a game or four Red Sox, Patriots, Sea Dogs, Buckfield Bucks. It doesn't matter. Getting into the comraderie of rooting for the same team is always fun. The competition of rooting for opposite teams is even more exciting. Driving to Boston and eating Italian food in the famed North End on my way to an evening Red Sox game would be my Nirvana.
The eighth thing I would do is always eat dessert first and make it ice cream. Oh wait, I already do that on occasion. See? You don't have to be retired to have some fun.
The nineth thing I would do is skinny dip, nightly before going to bed. (I'm not so domesticated at night) If not in the pool then in the tub. Then I'd slather on some lavendar scented oil and really take advantage of the aromatherpy. I would stay up late or go to bed early. Totally dependant on my mood and not any pressing schedule I have.
Speaking of going to bed....the tenth thing I would do is enjoy my bed. Warm and cozy in the winter. Cool and crisp in the summer.
I'm already practicing for my retirement in many ways. As you can see there would be no boredom. I often wonder how I even manage to fit work into my busy life. I guess at some point I may get bored with sleeping and eating but I doubt it.
To the person who asked for limited emails......No problem. I totally understand. I would have emailed back and told you that but then I would have been just adding to the stack of emails. I figured you may drop sometime and could just read it here. *smiles*
And last but not certainly not least RABBIT RABBIT!!!! That is for even more good luck for the month. GO PATS!!!
1 comment:
Nowhere in this post do you mention playing scrabble with me. :( I feel so violated. :P
Happy Saturday!
Post a Comment