It has been snowing. And snowing. And snowing. OK I know I live in Maine so what is the big deal? It's no big deal except occasionally there will be a snowstorm that just shouldn't be traveled in. Yesterday was one of those days.
Sam and I got up, showered, got dressed, started vehicles and actually drove out of the driveway. But the snow had started and it was coming down in HUGE flakes. THey were even splatting against the windshield. Less than 15 into the trip I was getting stuck on side streets and unable to pull out of intersections. It was a greasy mess. I called Sam and said I was going home. He was already in the process of turning his rig around and heading back home.
We got back home. School was cancelled so we had a nice quiet day.
One of my blog buddies, Lois, had challenged me to a game of Scrabulous through Facebook. I have always sucked at scrabble but it was just for fun. Or so I thought. Turns out that Lois is quite the little Scrabble expert. Sam started giving me advice on words that he would make. Turns out he is an expert too. So I let them play each other. Except I didn't tell Lois. She thought she was playing against "slow children" (me) but Sam showed her. They had 2 games going at once. Good thing we don't have a life or anything important to do because that would have slowed up an otherwise lightning speed game. They were coming up with words I had never heard of and Lois used all of her letters at least three times (to the tune of 50 bonus pts each time)
Sam was thoroughly entertained all day. He's a fast learner too. I've taught him well. At one point he was laying across my bed, playing my scrabble game on my laptop with my friend and had my dog laying on the back of his legs. He is becoming me. Oh No!! I let him keep his spot on the bed and his place in the game but I took back the dog. She went with me out onto the couch for a short nap.
I can't take every snowy day off so unfortunately I am at work today instead of spectating an awesome and often tension filled scrabble game.
2 comments:
That's great that you were able to have a snow day. Most adults don't get that too much! Glad you enjoyed it!
Yay for SNOW DAYS!!!!!
My favorite scrabble word has been "ziti" - especially on a triple word!
Oh! Regarding retirement? I suppose some need the structure of the workplace, BUT I'M NOT ONE OF 'EM EITHER!!!!! ;) I can't imagine how anyone could get bored outside of work a.k.a. terminal boredom!
Post a Comment