I'm cold and listless and bored.
In my life.
Seems like all I want to do these days is snuggle in my bed and sleep.
I'm more than bored with the internet.
My favorite haunt is no longer my favorite haunt.
I guess I don't have a favorite anymore unless I count this space.
Cassie asked how cold was it this morning?
At 5:30AM it was -28.4.
At 10:30AM it was -9.
No warmth in sight but for some reason I am numb to it. The cold didn't feel as biting as I would have imagined. Even though the engine turned over hard this morning, I wasn't worried about my car not starting. I did have a few minutes of anxiety in the middle of the night. I woke up to quiet. No furnace and no fridge running. I knew the power was on because I could see the time on ceiling. I laid there, not really thinking of anything, for about a half hour. Waiting for sleep to take me away. Suddenly I was panicked. The furnace hadn't come on in more than a half hour. OMG...what if it broke down? At -20 something we'd be very cold very fast. I laid in my warm bed, waiting, hoping (for once) the furnace would click on. The house thumped a couple of times in it's frustration at the cold. Finally 44 min into the wait I decided to get out of bed and check it out. As I reached the thermostat and was looking at the temp on it the darned thing turned on. All on it's own. I was never so relieved.
Some good news is that we have already gained 25 min of daylight. That makes me feel all warm and toasty.
4 comments:
Awwww ... you have me wondering where your "haunt" is ... maybe there's not enough witches there ... I could join! lol I have a haunt or two myself, but have been so busy, I've not even been able to come up with a blog, much less go play a game of gin, bingo, or yahtzee! ;)
you can see the time on the ceiling????
what's wrong with the haunt? I was thinking of coming over and checking it out!
I hope that you will be back to good as new soon!
Yeah, time on ceiling? I'm confused, Boo:)
Post a Comment