Mom, Sarah and I are heading to PA in a month for my cousin's son's graduation. Good times are always had by all when we go down there. I was talking to Mom this morning and she was excited because the Red Sox are playing the Phillies the weekend we are down there.
"The games will be televised and we can watch them in Neal's ManCave" She breathlessly said.
Neal's man cave is something right out of the movies. Huge screen TV, theater seating. Small stocked kitchen area. All the popcorn you can eat and all the beer you can drink. Sounds great....except...
I have a BETTER idea. "Let's get tickets and GO to a game"
"OMG" she said. "Do you really think we can?"
Oh absolutely we can. I am contacting my cousin to see what connections they have for tickets and if that's not a go then StubHub it is. One way or another I WILL make this happen.
Graduation on that Sat and Sox/Phillies game that Sunday. It is sizing up to be a most awesome weekend.
Tonight Mumsy and I are staying at a hotel in Portland. We are attending another cousin's graduation at 9am tomorrow morning and figured it was worth it to spend the night rather than get up super early. We will be hot tubbing then dining then hot tubbing and swimming then maybe we'll actually spend some time in the room. We both are bringing our laptops and I have the "touch" so we don't even have to miss a single facebook beat.
Could be that Mom will make an excellent travel companion. She enjoys the same things I do and neither of us get too worked up about anything. We have GPS and the gumption to go.
I'm also mulling over the idea of a trip to Dover DE for the NASCAR race in Sept. I brought it up and she placated me with "yeah that sounds good". Little does she know that I already have the wheels in motion to make that happen as well.
2 comments:
Sounds like an awesome weekend! Got room for us dogs? ;)
Sounds like a terrific time.
Post a Comment