I logged into bloglines for my periodic fix of blogging. I must admit I don't venture there often these days, what with facebook and work and life and a whole myriad of other fruitless things that take up my time. It is a bit sad to think of days gone by, when the bloggers were out in force, expelling their thoughts and conscious and even daring to bare their souls and bodies. I used to read and write fervently, but gradually over time, blogging gave way to bitter deceit and facebook. My words had been shoved down my throat in a most unpalatable fashion. I grew introverted and even gave up writing. I no longer could put my thoughts, no matter how innocent or guilty, down for anyone to read, even myself. Facebook has offered a slight reprieve but alas I find myself hiding there as well. Hiding my real self. The one who is passionate yet reserved, principled yet unscrupulous.
When I first read the notification that Bloglines was shutting down I thought it was Blogspot that was going away. I don't know why but I felt sad. I mean, what right have I to feel sad about blogger going away since I hardly acknowledge it these days anyway? Upon reading more closely I realized it was bloglines that is being shut down. Even in spite of the misunderstanding and subsequent realization, I still longed for the good 'ol days. I longed for the freedom of speech and the ability to dance like no one was watching but I also longed for the notification of the remaining few who still put their thoughts to words. The names in bold when one had posted new thoughts. Ah yes, I will miss that, amongst many other things that no longer be. But fear not, for I have other ways of finding you, almighty bold ones.
4 comments:
I know what you mean. A lot of people have either dumped their blogs completely or just dont write that much anymore. I dont write too much anymore either and I dont know why that is. :(
i'm not bold that often any more but i'm still around. miss reading your thoughts as well my friend. here's to all of us reaching a place in our lives where we can feel BOLD again.
:)
Have read a few posts along these lines lately. I know I'm not bold too often either these days but I'm not quite finished with blogging yet.
WRT the good ole days... maybe we're just relics? Perhaps it's just someone else's day to reap the rewards of an up and coming blogging community?
Whatever it is, I'm glad that we dinosaurs still poke our noses in every once in a while. :)
I'm guilty as well. Though I do admit I come to blog world pretty regularly to see if anyone has written anything. I'm trying to start again.. it does feel good when I find the words to write. I DO miss reading what's going on with everyone, especially you, dear friend. Here's hoping we can all put more words to "paper".
Love you!
Post a Comment