Friday, May 25, 2007

Destiny



Heather got her license this morning. That was her first step toward being in charge of her own destiny. In 2 weeks she will graduate high school. The 3rd step will be to get a job.

Late bloomer, but blooming none the less. She was super excited and hopeful. For the first time in a long time I could hear confidence in her voice. I am proud of her and happy for her. She is coming out of a long dark tunnel and the light is a good thing. She has overcome adversity. It was self induced but it was adversity.

I am also very happy for me. Now I can send Heather to pick up her sister at the school and to the store for milk and to the dump with the trash. Yeah, life is good.

1 comment:

Grandma Lola said...

Hooray for Heather!!! I know she has worked hard this year. AND, it is awesome when you suddenly have another driver in the family that willingly wants to run errands. woohoo!!! Our lives sure are parallel lately. *muah*