Thursday, May 24, 2007

Get your long sleeved sweater


The proverbial cat is out of the bag.

I have renewed a friendship with an old flame. It was much to the chagrin of friends and family on both sides but we are good. The key word here is friendship. We are taking things slow and deliberate. Hanging out and enjoying each other's company. No strings. No expectations.

It feels better. Really it does. I am smiling again. I have a light heart. I have been more honest and open with him in the last 2 weeks than the entire time we tried this the first time around.

We kept it to ourselves the first few times we got together for a couple of reasons. We knew people wouldn't be supportive. We knew people would be angry and disappointed and maybe rightfully so. But we also knew that we are adults. And can make our own decisions. We also wanted to have the time to just ourselves for a little while (except my kids who knew from the start). It was time much needed. We have talked and talked and talked. Finally we were talking last weekend and started wondering out loud why we were hiding. We are 2 grown single adults. What's to hide?

Where will it go from here? Who knows but even if it doesn't go anywhere romantically we are forging a much more meaningful friendship.

2 comments:

Grandma Lola said...

As long as you are happy sweetie, so am I. Enjoy yourselves honey. *muah*

Anonymous said...

Ditto!

Luv ya Boo!! <3