We humans are a subjective lot. We all react to things differently. Tears of joy. Nervous laughter. Indifferent silence. Peaceful solitude. Long walks. Wallowing. Huge smiles. Excitement. Quiet contentment.
Sometimes there are no ways to handle life altering events. Sometimes there are no words. Sometimes days go by and you can't remember how you got through them. Sometimes years go by and you wish so hard you could get them back.
I've been called a drama magnet and I guess that is true. I can't seem to get away from it. My life is one big play after another. But this time the drama is not my own. This drama is so big and so powerful and so painful that I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
A break in the action. A day spent floating in a pool. An evening by the firepit. Yeah some good old fashioned quiet contentment is just what the dr ordered. I hope "The Boy" finds his way through this.
2 comments:
huge hugs and love honey. How about I sit quietly with ya? My pool still has the cover on it.
My email is always open sweetie.
i have been called a freak magnet. your time off plan sounds nice :)
Post a Comment