Monday, June 4, 2007

I almost went to Dover

I was offered a free ticket to the NASCAR race in Dover if I would ride down with a friend. It is about an 8 hour trip. I was hesitant. I explained that I couldn't afford a hotel room and other expenses. I declined. Then I was talked into it. I was assured that it could be worked out and work it out we did. We were going to leave on Sat at 11pm. Arrive in Dover around 8am. Go to breakfast with other friends that are already there, hang out and tailgate awhile then go to the race for 1pm. I was going to cover the tolls and the friend was covering gas. No need for a hotel since we would be going down and back in the same day. I picked up some fruit and water and snacks so I wouldn't have a big food expense. I even napped in the afternoon on Sat. I was feeling good about the whole thing. Then Mother Nature stepped in. She rained on Sunday which cancelled the race and she is still raining so I think today's race may also be cancelled. I ended up staying home.

It was a fun idea while it happened.

I napped alot this weekend. Don't you just love rainy weekends?

No comments: