That's how many visitors I have had in 2.5 years. It's not a huge amount but to me it is huge. It's even bigger because very few of those are my own visits since I have blocked my own ISP. My best bud was my 30,000th visitor. My mom only missed it by one. Two of my biggest supporters. I have no prize or award other than to say I will always try to keep it interesting.
I did not make it into the pool last night. I had an even better night. Lee came over and we vegged out. Me in the hammock, her in the lounge chair. The kids had gone with their dad overnight so it was just her and I. No responsibilities. No fighting with kids. Just pure unadulterated peaceful easy feelings.
I offered advice on ways of reaching new levels of satisfaction in her on again off again relationsip but they were devious thoughts that she had already thought of. She offered me a few ideas to handle situations I am in, most of which I have already comtemplated but I am still sticking by my original idea to let sleeping dogs lie and just move on.
We played around with the idea of mixing a drink but we were both so comfortable in our chairs and our conversation that to get up would have been more burdensome than it was worth.
The steady hum of the pool, the crickets and tree frogs singing. The gentle creaking sound of the hammock swinging back and forth made for a blissful evening.
"No wonder you'd rather vacation here than anywhere else"
I told her she is welcome to come over and partake any time she wants. We both agreed that it was an anomoly of sorts because rarely are we both without kids and not already committed to other engagements.
After she left I went inside. It was hot in the house. I had the AC on in the living room for a little while but couldn't get the thought of the dollars zooming around my electric meter out of my head so I decided to turn it off and go to bed. I laid under the ceiling fan, with a light breeze coming in the bedroom window. The sheets were cool and crisp and smelled of lavendar. I lay there perfectly still, almost trance-like just trying to drink up as much of the contentment as I could. Unfortunatley contentment like Vitamin C cannot be stored by the body for future use, but I am still feeling the effects this morning of my extra large dose.
2 comments:
Sounds wonderful - glad you are getting at least a little peace.
Sheets smelling of lavender huh? I'll have to try that - what do you use? Downy Lavender or something?
Yes, soak it up as best you can because it leaks back out.
Post a Comment