Hazy Hot and Humid........The perfect combination for a summer day at the beach. Except I'm sitting in a cubicle, schlepping up to corporate lords instead of worshipping the sun god. My time will come. In about three weeks.
This is the first time in three years that I will be home for my birthday. (7/17 don't forget) This is the first summer that I have no plans for travel. Almost makes me feel sad and left behind. Not sure who I feel left behind by but I still do nonetheless. I would have liked to go back to PA for a week but my cousins are in the process of finishing their new mansion and are suffering it out in a 3000 SF condo instead. They are kind of in limbo and I am kind of out of cash so I'll just have to dream and start planning for next year.
I guess I'm in a limbo of sorts myself. Some call it being between relationships but that doesn't exactly fit my situation. I'm not sitting here waiting to meet someone to sweep me off my feet. I'm just waiting. But I'm working at the same time I'm waiting. Getting a few ducks who had wandered back into a row. I am also enjoying. Quiet nights. Peaceful days. Long naps in a hammock. Sometimes, Alot of times these days, that feels like enough. That feels good and right.
But then there are times when I'm bored and lonely and going stir crazy. During those times I feel like I'll never be truly happy. Sort of like the girl with straight hair always wanting curls and vice versa.
Steamy evenings and swimming nude, yeah that's the ticket. Hopefully I can get the kids out of the pool by dark so I can have some float around, relaxing me time.
2 comments:
Limbo is not such a bad place. It gives us a chance to pause, catch our breath, and have some quiet for thinking room.
Just as long as we don't get stuck there. ;)
(((boobabe)))
I think we all have those moments when we think we'll never find that special someone - I call them my mini depressions - always seem to come around my period ha ha go figure
Post a Comment