Last year at this time I spent a whole week hiding in my house. The pain was unbearable. The shame, the uncertainty, the fear for her future. Yeah, I guess sometimes it just takes a little longer than you expect but good things do come to those who wait.
She called me from school this afternoon. All out of breath and excited.
"Mom, it's signed"
"huh??" I had no idea what she was talking about.
"the diplomas are signed and mine is in the stack"
I was so pleased and proud and happy. Finally I can exhale. Finally it's just time to party and enjoy.
I watched her walk across the stage and get her diploma. In all my excitement I made the fatal mistake. I hit the off button instead of the shutter. Good thing my mom was there to snap a pic.
Tonight she is headed for Project Graduation. Tomorrow there will be a party and more graduation ceremonies to attend. For me, for now, it is just time to bask.
Dana told her he loved her. Afterwards I held her tight and told her that I loved her more and that I had loved her first.
I swear I have never seen a bigger more genuine smile in my life. She is exuding confidence and happiness.
I AM HAPPY!!
4 comments:
wooohooo!!! Congrats to both you & Heather. Now, relax, enjoy and breathe honey. *hugs*
YAY!!! Congrats to you both =) Hugs for everybody!!
Congratulations to both of you. That's a tremendous achievement.
aww, congratulations Heather :) HUGS and to Shelby as well, that darling
Post a Comment