Thursday, July 12, 2007

I've fallen and I can't get up

I've been sick for 3 days now. A nasty summer cold/allergies I guess. Ever since I had pneumonia a couple of years ago I get really nervous any time I get sick in the summer. I'm getting better. Kinda. I seemed to have plateaued. I'm not getting worse but not really a whole lot better either.

During my time in between naps I fell into the dark recesses of the past. Yup...I have been trolling in the personals. It's amazing the number of people who are still there. I haven't been in the personals in about a year. These people are as pathetic as I am. I've ventured into the land of MySpa.ce too. I kinda like MyS.pace though because that's where the kids are so I can check up on them and see who they are chatting with. They have a heck of alot more friends than I do. I don't know how they keep up with so many.

I got a message from a guy in the Mys.pace account. He liked my pic and wanted to know if he could add me? I have my profile private (at least I think it is private) so I have to add you as a friend in order for you to view my profile. You can see some basic info and a pic but that is it. I checked out his profile and he seemed decent. So I added him and we struck up a conversation. From the moment I saw his pic I thought he seemed familiar. After a few min I finally just asked him if we had met before? No, he didn't think so. Hmmmmm....I was feeling pretty sure we had. I couldn't say for sure but he was very familiar. I checked his profile again and saw that he lived near a town of the person who I thought he was. We chatted some more, just small talk. I asked him if he ever lived in BP? He said no but he has been there a few times.

He said "You really think we have met before don't you?"

"Yes I do." Maybe I'm losing my mind and I have met alot of people through the personals and never gotten past one date with any of them so maybe I am losing my mind. (Can I begin and end a sentence with the same words?) And truthfully it was more his way and than his face that had me thinking I knew him. He types like a 12yo. Broken sentences, wrong tenses and spelling, lots of acronyms alot of use of the emoticons. I knew I knew this person.

Finally he said "Have you ever met anyone at TC?"

I said "Yes, once"

"When?"

"About 2 years ago, maybe three years now"

"What did you have there?"

"Coffee and we split a chocolate eclair"

"with who?"

"a handsome stranger, truthfully I don't remember his name"

He puts up a smiley face and says "maybe that WAS us"

"hmmmmm....maybe"

"so, do you still drink coffee?"

"everyday"

"Still eat eclairs?"

"not so much anymore"

"maybe you'd like to join me for a coffee again sometime?

"maybe"

We made more small talk. I had to laugh that he had no clue who I was. I asked him if he really remembered or was he just making it up as we went along. He said he didn't remember me in the beginning but after I kept saying that I thought we knew each other it came back to him. He asked why we never had another date. Heck if I know. I remember liking him enough at the time to have been willing to go on a second date but he never pursued it. And I don't pursue, I'm old fashioned that way.
He asked for my number, I said let's talk some more on the puter and see where it goes. He said again that he would like to take me out sometime. I said ok. And that's where it ended. It was 11pm. I was tired and he had to get up early for work.

This whole personals thing is entertaining if it's nothing else.

1 comment:

Grandma Lola said...

feel better soon honey. *hugs*