Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Warning..train wrecking, stay off the tracks

I don't know why I feel like such a disaster today but I do.

I was going to go on a date on Friday night. It's with the same guy I was supposed to meet a few weeks ago. You know the one. The guy whom I have chatted with for about 2 years. He cancelled on me last time because of issues with his kids. I was relieved because I just wasn't so sure I was ready to get out there again. Well, he asked again a few nights ago. All the reasons I had for not meeting were his reasons for thinking we should. He really had me thinking he likes me. For me. Not just another conquest. But, now I'm not so sure.

We were talking the other night and he asked what I was doing. I said I was surfing MySpace. He said he was too.

"Really? Do you have an account?"

"Yes"

So I found him. Sent an invite to put him on my friend list and I sent im a cute little note. He came back on the messenger with a smiley emoticon but then asked me to hold off adding him since he had an ex that he was having issues with. He said I don't need the aggravation.

I thought that was a bit odd since I have my account set to private for a similar reason and just because I have posted pix of the kids and such and didn't want them splashed all over the internet. I said OK and mentioned about making it private so only his friends would see it. He didn't really respond. We chatted more, talked about Friday night, Harry Potter and a number of other things. Everything seems fine.

Last night I decided to check out his MySpace account again. I noticed that he had a status that says "in a relationship". Hmmmm....I got nosey and checked out his friends' pages. Nothing seems amiss. I don't see any signs of a significant other. The friends were all friends with each other. He had no comments, no recent pix. There is really nothing to make me feel funny except that status, which may be old and he just hasn't updated his profile. So.....why do I feel betrayed? Why do I sense that I need to cancel Friday night? AM I making excuses or looking for excuses?

I really enjoy my friendship with this guy. I hate to see it end but girlfriend radar is blipping off the map and for no real apparent reason except that one line.

Should I just ask him if he's seeing anyone and if not, why the MySpace says he is?

I'm really not wrecking that badly, just a slight blip. The train is still on the track, just not sure I'm slowing down for that station.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, your radar has been pretty accurate before! Just sayin'!

perdido said...

I second what Seamus said.

Also, I don't see anything wrong with asking. It's a legitimate question and if that bothers him, then he's not for you anyways, of course, that's just my opinion which as we know isn't worth a whole hell of a lot or I'd have my own show like Dr. Phil! ; )

Seriously though, I really dread all that second guessing part that comes with the "dating" arena.

Galileo's Dog said...

Hi, I'm just perusing blogspot and landed on your blog and even though it's none of my business your friends are right. People met on the internet, particularly at sites like MySpace are often bad news. If what they say doesn't jibe with what's on their site definitely avoid them. Anyway, have a good day. --Eric C