The first day on my vacation, I woke up. Then, I went downtown to look for a job. Then I hung out in front of the drugstore. The second day on my summer vacation, I woke up, then I went downtown to look for a job. Then I hung out in front of the drugstore. The third day on my summer vacation, I woke up...
Ok so that wasn't exactly how it went, but I have been on vacation for a week. Day trips, R&R, family reunions...all the usual vacation stuff.
It was a good week. The weather was a little iffy but you know what they say...a rainy day at home is better than a sunny day at the office. I'm not sure who "they" are but it's kinda sorta was true.
I took 130 pix at a family reunion I didn't even want to go to. How amazing is that? I love love love that camera. The reunion was at my father's for his side of the family. I actually had a good time. I knew it was going to be fun when I arrived and there was a sign up that said "Beware of the Hog" and this was there:

To say that my family are rednecks would be an understatement. I have an uncle who has been with the same woman for 40+ years. They had several kids and never married. They just tied the knot last month because he was busted for drugs and the State wanted her to testify against him. The marriage vows proclude her from being compelled to testify. How romantic, huh?
There were at least 20 babies and kids under the age of 10. I snapped pix of every one of them. I am sending the pix to my step mother because I have no idea who belongs to who. This little one was particularly precious.

She belongs to a cousin who could stop a freight train. She is so cute that several people were asking him who the father was.I got hit on a couple of times but only once by a blood relative.
You want to know how screwed up my life is?? In my divorce my ex got the Hatfields and I got his father's ashes, so my ex and his GF went to my family reunion. And I was glad to have her to hang out with. They got there before me and stayed a few hours after I left. I kept kidding her that if she can hang on long enough, that whole dynasty could be hers. We had a few good laughs.
Here is my Dad and I
And of course a pic of my dad and his favorite kid:
3 comments:
I love the pig!
BTW, what kind of camera do you have?
Adorable little girl! The pig's kinda cute too.
I'd be happy for a red neck family. The family I was born into failed to reproduce. I have one first cousin, and he never married or had children. I gave birth to four children, and between them there was only one pregnancy (My oldest daughter). Fortunately that resulted in twins (grandmother heaven!). My granddaughters have NO first cousins, and apparently never will.
Family is a wonderful thing. I'm happy for you that you have one.
Cassee- I have a Nikon D70S SLR. It's the best and most fun investment I have made.
Lucy- I tease about my family alot but I am very fortunate to have such a large family. I have loads of cousins and aunts and uncles on all sides. I have another reunion this weekend too but this one is with the refined side of the family. I'll post pix and we all feel the more the merrier and we have lots of "adopted" family so you are always welcome to join us!
Post a Comment