Friday, September 7, 2007

Think of me



think of me, think of me fondly
when we've said good bye
Remember me, once in awhile
please promise me you'll try


I can't stop singing opera. Hilarious I know, but it's an addiction. Just like with a heroine addict, all it took was one dose and I was hooked. I am in love with a Phantom. The Phantom. Christine may have chosen to walk away but not me. I'm going to the depths of the Earth with my Phantom. I don't care if he is a murdering gargoyle.


In sleep he sang to me
In dreams he came
That voice which calls to me
And speaks my name
And do I dream again?
For now I find
The Phantom of the Opera is there
Inside my mind



I know all the words to all of the songs and I can sing them really loud. Can I sing them well? Heck no. But the music is in me. There is no escaping it. Addicted. I wear my mask well.


Masquerade!
Paper faces on parade . . .
Masquerade!
Hide your face,
so the world will
never find you!




I'm going to take a chance and get the Robert Englund version as well

It's more of a horror version rather than a musical love story. (so I've been told) I really don't think anyone can beat Gerard Butler as the Phantom. Even Michael Crawford just doesn't do it for me.

Child of the wilderness
Born into emptiness
Learn to be lonely
Learn to find your way in darkness

Who will be there for you
Comfort and care for you
Learn to be lonely
Learn to be your one companion

Never dreamed out in the world
There are arms to hold you
You’ve always known your heart was on its own

So laugh in your loneliness
Child of the wilderness
Learn to Be lonely
Learn how to love life that is lived alone

Learn to be lonely
Life can be lived life can be loved alone


Sometimes I wonder if I'm in love with the Phantom or if I am the phantom?

2 comments:

TLP said...

I loveloveloved this movie! If I think of Gerard Butler too long, well, I won't say what. Gawd that man is HOT!

How Christine could have chosen that wuss instead of the Phantom is beyond me.

perdido said...

I've always wondered if I would like opera music - in books and movies they always portray it as so moving etc. - maybe I should give it a try