Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Another stellar day at the fair

Boy this weather has been stupendous. Sam and I went to the fair on Tuesday. It was senior citizen day. Anyone over 65 gets in for free and enjoys reduced rates at most of the booths. It was the best day because despite the seniors getting in for free, the crowd was still considerably less dense than on Sunday.

The day was just this rich and vibrant.


I love pumpkins and gourds.


Only in Maine can you get pickled porcupine peckers. I didn't try them but have heard they are a delicacy. Wonder what just plain porcupine peckers are like? And I don't care for fish in any capacity so I'm thinking I wouldn't like their assholes either.


Haven't I got purdy teeth??


Black Beauty


I love colorful frogs.


Again, there are (or will be more pics in flickr)

2 comments:

LisaBinDaCity said...

I love State Fair's! I haven't been to one in ages but they are so darn fun. I used to love the Texas one.

Great pics :-)

Lois Lane said...

Besides the eats, it looks like a great place to visit. The fair here is always so crazy. I decided last year when I could no longer tell the carnies apart from the locals, that it was time to move. Then we did move, only to find out it was the same here. LOL!