Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Frustration (caution, multitude of F bombs)

It just never ends. I know someday I will no longer be at his mercy, but for now......for now I just deal with it. I shouldn't have to but I must get myself to a place where I'm not relying on his money.

My ex has a problem with promptness for paying his child support. On occasion he'll call me and give me some sob story about how this thing or that person screwed him over and now he doesn't have the money to pay his child support. Mostly I am forgiving and if I have the extra cash, I'll let him work off the support. He has mowed my lawn, built new stairs to my basement, helped close the pool and moved brush to pay off some child support. I always pay him by the hour and I am generous. He actually makes more per hour working for me than I do working for my company. I NEVER expect him to do anything for free and he rarely does anything for nothing. There have been times when he has done things and said not to worry about it but when he gets broke he reminds me of these "favors" and I end up deducting them from the support.

Last week was just the same old same old. I knew he had missed time from his work so I knew getting my support would be problematic. He called on Thursday to let me know that he couldn't pay me on Fri but would catch up with me on Sat or Sun at the latest. He never came over, never called, nothing. Finally yesterday, Tues, he called to say he had the money and I could stop by on my way home to get it. Our divorce agreement states that he will have the money in my bank account on Fri.

So it's Tues and he has the dough. Cool, I'll drop by on my way home. I told him it would be late because I was going to my old roomies' place to install an antivirus and run the program for them. Then I was meeting up with Sam for dinner and some grocery shopping. Well, one thing led to another and it was after 9pm when I was driving by his road so I decided to just wait until today. Sam was in such a shopping mood last night. He was wandering up and down every aisle like he hadn't been there in years.

This morning Heather was up very early getting ready to go meet up with her Dad to work with him today. I thought that would be perfect, he could meet me at the coffee shop to give me the money. So I called and asked him about that. He said that he was packing up his tools and had things to do so I could just drop by and pick up the money. Um, no I don't want to drop by and pick up the money. 1) it's out of my way. 2) he usually bullshits at the coffee shop anyways.

He repeatedly said (kinda like a retard) that I can pick up the money at his house. I finally got pissed and hung up on him. WTF...he owes me the money but I have to go out of my way to get it??? What a fucking twerp. He only lives a few minutes past the coffee shop so I called Heather and asked her to meet me there with the money. He was so frigging busy with his tools that I figured she would have plenty of time to meet me. About 5 min later she calls me and I could here his voice in the background telling her to tell me that if I want that money I can pick it up at his house, like he already told me.

My head was ready to explode. That Fucking Fucker. I was nice enough to let him take his sweet ass time about paying me then he gives me an attitude??? I am sooooo fucking done with his bullshit. From now on that money is to be in my account on Friday. No leeway. No extra days. No working it off. Fuck him and the white fucking horse he rode in on.

Needless to say, I didn't get the money, but his GF called me. She banks at the same bank I do and wanted to know if I wanted her to deposit the money for me. It gets me the money today and I don't have to see his stupid ass face or hear his whiney fucking voice so YES, please deposit the money for me. She knew I was pissed and was trying her best to smooth things over. She has similar frustrations with him and paying his portion of their bills. I feel for her. Truly I do. I have sooo been there done that.

She knows the amount he is supposed to pay me and he shorted me by $15. She said I just want you to know the amount that was left in the bowl for you and how much I am depositing. OMG...will his arrogance and stupidity never end??? First he is late then he expects me to go out of my way to get it only to have him short me.

Yup, D-I-V-O-R-C-E was the best thing I have done for myself ever.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frankly, I think you've been too nice and now he decides to get an attitude??? I'd say I could call Guido, but he probably doesn't have life insurance...so...legal action would probably flip his boat, hmmmm?

Anonymous said...

In Ohio, the deduct it right from their paycheck... I'd look into that option :)

Glad the doc's visit went well too.

Love ya!!

Tammy said...

He really has me over a barrel because right now he is working for himself, under the table, so there is no wage per se to garnish. The divorce decree does stipulate that the child support should be deposited into my bank account each Friday. The other problem is he stays enough on top of it to keep it from being worthwhile to go to court but not often enough for me to rely on it.

Lila said...

Thanks for coming by my blog!

I can relate to this... MWWP's husband's child support $ has always been late, and $$ short, and sometimes not forthcoming at all. Not fun.

IHeartQuilting said...

Funny how these things reinforce the decisions you make? Too bad about his current employment - I did my child support through the court system in PA, and my support comes right out of his paycheck every week. So as long as he was getting a paycheck, I never had to worry about it.