Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Fall in bloom


It has actually arrived a little later than usual and boy is she a beauty this year. I snapped these pics this morning just about sunrise so the lighting was a little off and a tripod would have made it perfect but nonetheless it was spectacular. In my defense I was standing on a bridge on a road that was screaming with traffic so I couldn't spend too much time with the settings.

My Dr visit yielded no answers yet but I am going for an x-ray of my lower back and a stress test for my exhaustion. They drew blood so they'll be checking my thyroid and liver and kidneys and a whole host of other organs. Funny but after I left there my back didn't hurt at all. I slept very well and was only mildly stiff this morning when pulling on my socks. Dr did advise me to take Tylenol or ibuprofen when I'm hurting instead of just suffering through it. I expressed my concern with starting on a daily regiment of drugs. She said not to worry just yet but at this point it seems that I have 2 options, take meds or live with pain. I'm going to try to do a better job of balancing that. She also is putting me back on the Wellbutrin. I stopped taking it about 6 months ago and have been fine emotionally but the exhaustion is wearing me down and causing me to go down a different road of depression. Anyways, looks like I'll live for awhile longer.

I really liked this Dr. My old Dr left last year and I saw someone different in the Spring and I just didn't like her, on any level. But this one was great. She listened to what I had to say, didn't patronize me or make me feel stupid and she offered concrete options.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I glad to hear your visit with the doc went so well. She seems to have your best interest at heart. Interesting that the pain fled after the doc visit! *hugs*

Christine said...

Maybe you could make plans to have coffee with her every morning and the pain would be gone all day! i wonder if there would be a copay for that?

Leen said...

it's always difficult to find a good doctor, isn't it? i'm glad the visit went well. and the photos are beautiful!

~leen

Edge said...

Great shot Boo! I hope everyone clicks on that first one so they can see the large version. You're heading toward 3,000 pics with that Nikon aren't ya?