I had back surgery in Jan 1990. It has been almost 18 years of mostly pain free living. I was told at the time that as I got older I may develop arthritis in that area. Well something is going on in that area. My back has been so bothersome lately that even bending over to tie my sneakers has been excrutiating. I can't seem to stand more than a few minutes and even then I find myself shifting back and forth alot. Walking is better but once I stop, I have to sit or scootch down to stretch my back. This probably isn't the best thing to do since my pain isn't in the muscle. Stretching does seem to help for a bit though.
I really hate the thought of starting a regiment of meds this early in my life (after all I am still only in July) but I can't take this pain anymore. I even have some nights that my wonderful bed isn't comfortable and that just isn't right.
I'm going to have the dr check my IUD as well. Ever since I had that put in, my periods have been much better but I have had a general overall feeling of unwellness that has only gotten worse with time. I'm exhausted ALL the time. I have been maintaining an active lifestyle but I do have to admit that if Sam wasn't around motivating me, I would spend most of my free time laying around reading. Some days it really is hard work just to keep going. Thank goodness he has been helping me so much, especially with the yard work.
It really is true that many hands make light work. He and I have been going crazy with brush burning and raking and pruning and clipping. We even managed to fit in painting the replaced slats on his garage, picking up the brush on his lawn and I swept his driveway. By the time we settled in last night we were both exhausted.
That was the third weekend in a row where there was not a lazy minute to be had. I need a lazy minute. I need a whole lazy day. I think Sam is ready for a kick back, sleep through football kind of day too. Maybe next Sunday.
Anyways...I just got off the phone with the Dr's office. I have an appt at 4:45 this afternoon. Wish me luck.
2 comments:
luck!
Lots and lots of luck! Hope that it's more a case of overuse than anything!
Post a Comment