Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Laying on the edge

The last couple of nights I have laid on the edge of sleep. This damned broken down body just seems to know no end to the afflictions.

My lower back pain has subsided a bit since I have stepped up my walking workout. The short-breathedness still persists but doesn't seem so bad. But now I have a new back pain.

On Sat night I gave Shelby a bath in Sam's tub. She was filthy from roaming and mudding so she needed a bath before the party. At the time it went off without a hitch but a little later on I started to feel a twinge in my right shoulder blade. By Sunday it was noticably sore, kind of like a charley horse in my shoulder blade. There would be that dull ache but every once in a while I would move just right and it would grip me. I mean forcably grip me. It persisted throughout the day yesterday. When I got home I laid on my bed for awhile. When I got up, I did so a little too quickly and OMG.....I was caught. I couldn't move. It hurt so f*****g much. No matter how I moved it was just pure pain. Coughing or sneezing was out of the question. You'd be surprised what you use your back muscles for. I took 3 ibuprofens and after about a half hour I was feeling better but I was afraid. Afraid to move, in any direction, with any degree strength. I could not take that pain again so I creeped around the house. No sudden movements in any direction. Even Shelbs had stay in her dance space. Even though I felt better I slept on the edge of sleep all night. Ever conscious of my body movements. Ever careful to move in just the right way. There is still a hint of acheyness but it is feeling better.Hopefully tonight will be a more restful night.

The bright colors of Autumn are winding down.
DSC_2914

There is no reason for this stump other than I liked it. Weird huh?DSC_2915

It was 27 degrees on my porch at 6am. I'm ready for winter but I'm so not ready for winter. Know what I mean?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definately know what you mean!! It was 31 degrees here this morning... I had to wear my winter coat to work.

I've done that shoulder thing - right under my shoulder blade... one wrong move, and WHAM! I know how it goes... luckily, it fades in a few days.

Love ya honey!!

TLP said...

It's still too warm here. Strange fall for us in PA. Some leaves have turned and some have fallen, but many remain greed and on the trees. And still, too warm.

Hope you feel better soon. Celebrex is a wonder drug, if the side effects don't bother you.