Sunday, October 21, 2007

What I did on my day off

It was a great day. The weather was awesome. The sky was as blue as I have ever seen. Sarah, Sam and I went for a ride. I was thinking back to the summer when I went to the height of the land with my mom, I figured Autumn would be an awesome time to go back. And it was except we were about 2 weeks to late. Most of the leaves were gone. Still the views were spectacular. We stopped off at Coo's Canyon on the way there and got these shots.



Then it was on to Oquossic for the best views in central Maine.

On the way home we saw this sassy dude.


Most of you may think this bird is a great Blue Heron, but in these parts we call them a Shitpoke. I remember as a kid it was one of the few words that I could say that I knew was a swear word but was also a legitimate name of a bird (at least as far as my grandfather was concerned) This guy was hanging out at Worthley Pond in Peru. (Maine not South America)

5 comments:

Shauna said...

A shitpoke eh?

Like the new header image.

perdido said...

I loved the plumbers butt picture - I might even steal that idea for my yard.

Traci Dolan said...

It looked like a lovely, lovely weekend. I love the view from your house.

Cin said...

Don't you just love a fall sky? The blue always seems so much more intense against the fall foliage. Love your photos!

LisaBinDaCity said...

I love the name "Coo's Canyon!"