Thursday, October 4, 2007

Writing in the moment

Do I take a chance?
Do I write words today that I may have to eat tomorrow?
I've been there done that.
I've learned.
Yet sometimes, my thoughts are just aching to jump out onto the page.

Will you be the first to say "I told you so", if my thoughts prove to be wrong?
I didn't think so.
Will you be the first to say "good for you", when I'm happy?
Yeah, you would.
You'll be the one quietly supporting me when things go wrong.

It IS ok to write in the moment.
It is ok to eat words later on.
It's not ok to violate someone's privacy.
I've learned.

In my moment, right now, I'm happy.
I'm content.
I'm satisfied.
I feel loved.

He's different. This Sam who is playing it again.
He's happy.
He's content.
He's satisfied.
He feels loved.
He's learned.

We've learned together.

No one knows what tomorrow will bring.
All we can do is our best.
And hope for the best.
And not be so afraid.
After all we have nothing to fear but fear itself.

You all are right. I'm not September. I'm still a hot summer night in early July.

1 comment:

Leen said...

i'm so happy to read that things are going well for you sweetie. you should feel very loved... always.

~leen