Monday, November 12, 2007

A horse is a horse

Driving to work this morning I see a horse. Just standing on the side of the road. No person around, so it obviously had escaped it's confines. I would say it does have a responsible owner though because he was wearing a really nice bright orange handkerchief around his neck and had a bright orange ribbon tied around his tail.

As I approached in my car I went really slow and eased on by as he stood beside the road. Sam was not so fortunate. As he approached, the horse started to trot out in the road. Sam eased to the left to go around him and the horse veered left. Sam swung to the right and the horse nonchalantly swerved to the right. Back and forth this went for about a quarter of a mile. I was watching the whole scene in my rearview mirror aned couldn't help but laugh.

I crested a hill and couldn't see them anymore and finally Sam came up over the hill with no horse in sight. I called him and he answered, kinda laughing "what the hell". I was laughing so hard by then. He said the horse galloped along side of him for a few yards before giving up and turning back.

I called the local store where "everyone knows your name" and told the store owner about the horse. He knew who it belonged to and was going to make a phone call.

I had an extremely lazy day yesterday. I slept until about noon then I watched about 8 hours of Quincy. Sam has more DVD's than anyone I know. Next up is Hunter and Starsky and Hutch. I didn't even watch the race.

1 comment:

Lois Lane said...

Tell Sam I said giddyup! Happy Monday!!