Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My smart baby



You see that bunny? She loves her bunny and she knows what her bunny is. There have been many times that I will ask her where her bunny is and she will go and find it.

Last week I let her out. It was rainy/snowy out and I don't like her to take her indoor toys outside. (I'm really not as obsessed about this dog as it may seem) She snuck out the door with bunny in her mouth. I was still in my robe and slippers so I just kinda let it go. She was out for about a half hour when I heard her scratch at the door. I asked Sam to let her and to make sure she had her bunny.

He opened the door and she came bounding in in all her excited glory. She had been to the vet for her rabies shot earlier that week and she weighed all of 7.2 lbs, but running into the livingroom she sounded like a herd of elephants. I asked Sam if she brought in her bunny. He said no. So I took her over to the door and put her down. I told her to go and get her bunny. She ran down the steps, across the driveway and around the front of the house, grabbed her bunny and came on a dead run back to the house.

She really KNOWS what her bunny is!! I gave her big hugs and told her what a good girl she is. Then Sam took his turn praising her. She really is the best baby I could have asked for.

5 comments:

Shauna said...

I love how much you love your dog. :)

Anonymous said...

That is a smart girl - you chose each other very well! :)

Jammie J. said...

That is so adorable. :)

Leen said...

Awww, what a sweet story! They really do find their own place in your heart, don't they?

mainelife said...

That's just the cutest picture ever....and I'd say a little obsession for a smart and cute little girl like that is called for.