Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ok I did it

I started thinking about Xmas.

And planning for it.

My wheels have been turning and I have been conjuring up gift ideas.

The biggest thing I have done in the way of planning this year was pearing down my list. I don't need you to spend $25 on me and I spend $25 on you when neither of us can afford it. Let's just agree that we are friends/family/aquaintances/mortal enemies/whatever, We don't need to exchange gifts to show that. The few people I approached about this were relieved to be off the hook. Yeah me too.

The rest of the poor saps that I will be buying for will be seeing a reduced amount of money spent. I proposed the same thing only instead of forgoing a gift let's minimize it. Yeah, lot's of relief there too.

Xmas isn't Xmas without some gift giving but this notion of going into hock and buying frivolous, silly gifts for the sake of buying something has got to end. At least for this year. I intend to be much better off next year. Really I do. At that time the frivolity can resume. Until then it will be Xmas caroling, hot cocoa drinking, pretty light watching, good eats and hanging out. Hmmmmm....if I remember correctly, that is what the holidays are supposed to be about.

Oh and don't forget to hug your pet.

2 comments:

perdido said...

You mean you're not buying Shelby one of these for Xmas

http://handsnpaws.zoovy.com/c=AfUdsrc7HdTlawdh67iK2msXj/product/DSDCOLLCOL08/5Row_Swarovski_Crystal_Collar__8_inch_Pet_Jewelry.html

For shame!!!! LOL

TLP said...

I love Christmas but I hate the gift-exchanging with people that I barely know. So I quit doing that years ago.

On the post below: RIGHT. Never, never, never drink alcohol and drive. Not a drop. It's so not worth it!