To this:
When are we going to take down Christmas?
I don't care, maybe we can tackle it on Sat.
Sounds good. pause.............
How about if you go and get a couple of totes and we'll fill 2 totes each night until the weekend and then we'll just have the tree to worry about?
Sam sighed and with a "sure dear" made off for the basement. He brought up 2 empty totes. I started taking down the real Christmassy things and left the snowmen on the shelves. As I finished filling the first tote and started on the second he took it and brought it down stairs to be stored. When he came back up he brought 2 more totes. And so it went. About 45 min later and even the snowman carefully wrapped and tucked away, we were both looking at the tree. I finally said "let's just take it down and be done with it all tonight." He was good with that. We had the darnest time getting the tree apart and stuffed into the stoarage bag. When they say "fits all 7.5 ft trees" they aren't necessarily lying, they just don't tell you how hard you have to work to make that happen. We probably could have won the top prize on Funniest Home Videos, but it is done. Christmas is packed up for another year. Sam even labeled and organized the totes in the storage shelves. He is amazing.
We'll still be busy on Sat though. You probably noticed how bare the shelves are? I'll get my everyday stuff put back up.
In the middle of all the Christmas festivities I still kept up with my Ebay obsession. I don't buy, I was just surfing and wishing and hoping. I decided on a wim to check out a product I had purchased a couple of years ago and wanted again but just never had the extra $30. Wouldn't you know it was on Ebay!! NIB no less. That's "New In Box" for those non-Ebayers. It was listed at $.99. I have bought stuff before but always as a "Buy it Now". I had never actually bid on anything. I read up on how to do it and I submitted my bid. 14 hours later I was a WINNER!! That $30 product was mine for $14.95. $9.00 for the product and $5.95 for shipping. Wow...that was fun, let's try it again. So I did and won again. This time I got the body wash that I like for about a third of the retail price. (and that included the shipping) Boy this could be very addicting. I've even started keeping my bank account web page on a split screen when I surf Ebay to remind me that I can only window shop.
2 comments:
I hope you had a very Merry Christmas Boo! I was thinking about taking down my decorations too!
When you start it's hard to stop, huh???? ;)
Post a Comment