We had 2 gatherings for work yesterday. Yup, I did say 2. One at lunch then another for dinner around 5. Celebrating holidays and taking some much needed downtime before we head into the storm of tax season was wonderful but my waistline is really exploding. I have another gathering on Sat and again on Sun and again on Mon and last but not least let's not forget about the festivities of the actual Xmas day. Since I will not be able to forgo all the eats that will be placed before me on those days I will be fasting/starving for today and tomorrow.
(last years lot)On a more positive note, I wrapped all the gifts that I have purchased so far. This is a huge feat for me. Usually I am wrapping the gifts for any given gathering on the morning of that gathering. Most of my gifts are not wrapped more than about 2 hours. I'm used to that but definitely like the feeling of being ahead of the game even if it is only by a little bit. I still have shopping to do. Hopefully that will be done Saturday morning. I am holding out for the door buster deals at JCPenney.
Why am I touting JCPenney??
They have been fabuloso this year. On Sat I bought $278 worth of items and only paid $114 for them. Then on a Sun I ordered 3 items that would have totalled $170 and I only paid $99 and that included the taxes. Shipping was free too! Woot! Then on top of that I placed the order around 6:30pm on Sunday and I received an email at 9pm saying the order had been shipped. It was on the Fed Ex truck on Tuesday. That is just phenomenal!! And now the gifts are neatly bagged and wrapped under the tree.
Life is good. If only I could reduce this waistline.
4 comments:
HA! The January guilts and tax season should fix that waistline! Meanwhile, enjoy the goodies! :)
I know - my waistline has expanded again too!!! save me!
Life is good, screw the waistline!
xxxooo
You're way ahead of me!! I havent even started to wrap yet :( It's gonna be a busy weekend!!
(((Boo)))
Post a Comment