Friday, December 14, 2007

Entertaining myself

I went to the dentist this morning. On time for my appt despite 4-6 inches of snow over night. Of course you know that technically I was even earlier than that since I showed up at the dentist's LAST Friday.

It was a typical visit. Just a cleaning. I really like my hygenist because she is meticulous, thorough and she doesn't ask me a bunch of questions that I can't possibly answer when my mouth is full of her hands.

As I laid in the chair, in an almost upside down position, I closed my eyes and opened my mouth. I don't know about you but I spend most of my visit to the dentist behind closed eyes.

While I was laying there under the glare of the lights I noticed "things" floating. (no I'm not smoking weed) I kept trying to "look" directly at these "things". I can only imagine what the outside of my eyelid looked like. It kinda looked like dust or maybe even spirogyra.



I was checking out my spyrogyra for about a half hour. I am quite easily entertained.

Oh.....NO CAVITIES!!

6 comments:

Shauna said...

No kidding? I've always wondered what those floaty things are and if anyone else gets them. I can see them with my eyes open too.

Tammy said...

I can see them with my eyes open too. They are much more pronounced with my eyes shut in a bright light.

perdido said...

yay on the no cavities!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I have a few "floaties" too!

Grandma Lola said...

good to know floaties are the norm. lol woohoo on no cavities.

(((u)))

Lois Lane said...

And now we are all a little smarter. Thanks Boo. I had no idea I wasn't alone in my spriograph-o-manicness, or whatever you called it. :)