Oblivion is a more comfortable place to be but not necessarily a better place to be.
I've always trusted. My parents, my teachers, my friends, my children, the news, and my government. I still trust my parents and friends. I somewhat trust my children. I have no reason to question my teachers, But the news and my government? I'm just not so sure anymore.
I have become consumed with 911 mysteries. A friend at work showed me a single video that questions how the towers could have fallen on 911 and since then I have come across dozens of "documentaries" about 911. I've watched mainstream news and bootleg youtube stuff. I'm not going to go into all the reasons why I feel betrayed and lied to. You can go into www.youtube.com and do a search of 911 mysteries and watch for yourself. I'm not going to try to convince you or anyone to believe what I believe. I'm going to give you the same opportunity I was given. The opportunity to watch and judge for yourself.
But I do want to talk about the
"Falling Man".
Did you know that real people were victims? Silly question, I know, but being so far away and watching it on TV had caused me to not have a full grasp of human face behind the tragedy.
Beyond the steel and cement and planes and lies and questions were people. Flesh and blood. People with families and lives. Lives ahead of them and lives behind them. Watching the "jumpers" really drove it home for me. The fear and desperateness and resoluteness of the people who longed to be in the air and blue sky rather than go down in flames.
I have watched the video and looked at pictures. Not in a voyeuristic kind of way. Just in a "wanting to understand" kind of way. A "wanting to feel the human-ness behind the tragedy" kind of way. A profound "sadness at all that was lost" kind of way.
I clicked on the video hoping to learn more about a man whose image epitomized and froze in time a moment of terror and release. What I found out was it doesn't matter who he is specifically. His anonymity represents all of the victims of that day. Those, who in great terror and fear, made one last decision.
1 comment:
That is not a decision I would want to be faced with!
Post a Comment