Sam moved in with me a few weeks ago. It has been mostly good. We are quite compatible and even though neither of us has lived with anyone in years we have been doing splendidly. Except for one thing- Closet Space.
Sam has mentioned a couple of times that he has no room in my closet. I told him we need a closet organizer first. When he moved in this was discussed and we agreed that I would make some space (which I have) and the rest of his stuff could be stored downstairs. I know it's not ideal but it is what it is until I have an extra $100 for the organizer.
Last night he was standing in the closet looking all disgusted. I took the bait and asked what was wrong. He says "I told you before I need room in here and you didn't bother making any for me. I just told you again an hour ago and you still haven't made me any room"
I casually got up off the bed (I was checking my email and such) went into the closet, quietly took most of my stuff off the rack, tossed it onto a hamper in there and said "there! Now you have room"
He looked at me then we burst out laughing. I said if he can have a tantrum so can I.
I think we may get the organizer sooner rather than later.
4 comments:
Men. At least your guy wants to hang his clothes up. I gave up on my husband about 40 or so years ago. I tried, but it just wasn't worth it. I'm still hangin' his stuff up, and he's still saying, "I was just about to do that!" (That's after the stuff has been on the chair for an entire day.
Loved the post below.
i love your sense of humor boo. this post made me smile.
:)
At least there was laughter and not murder!!!! LOL!
That's a good one.
Truth be told, I'm still resentful that I had to give up closet space and dresser space. The alternative was some hideous dresser (my opinion) from his childhood coming in and living in the bedroom next to my new cherry dressers and that just was not going to happen.
So, compromise I did. But I still wish he didn't have to store clothes. Is that really so unreasonable?
Post a Comment