Thursday, January 17, 2008

I feel naked

But I'm saving money.

Today is my first day on a rideshare program. I have a long commute (1 hour each way) and I have always gone it alone. I don't mind riding alone. I listen to Howard Stern or chat on the phone or sometimes I just ride in silence. So it isn't the ride that has me looking for company. It's the sharing of gas that will be wonderful. I figure everyday that I am an passenger in the carpool I'll be saving about $8. Times that by 2-3 days a week and it could really start adding up. Not to mention I'll be saving about 70 miles of wear and tear on my car. The bad part is I am still traveling about a half hour to get to my rideshare but it's better than driving a full hour on my own.

I'm definitely not used to having no vehicle. It feels funny and not funny haha. But if I can save some money I'll acclimate to the naked feeling of not having my car. If it wasn't so dang cold I would probably enjoy feeling naked. ;-)

3 comments:

Jammie J. said...

I don't think I could do that. I couldn't stand being without my car!

BTW, I just adore your blog header. I don't think I've mentioned that. :)

perdido said...

yay for greenboo!

I crack myself up. ; )

LisaBinDaCity said...

Commuting can be fun as long as the other person doesn't sing to the radio off-key ;-)