How in the world does THIS happen?
A few weeks ago Diane Keaton used the "F" word on Good Morning America. It was a big hahaha moment and an apology and never heard from again. Now this has happened and I'm sorry there is just no way the "C" word could just slip out. Seems to me she must be pretty accustomed to using that type of fowl language in her every day life. She must. How else could it have come out so easily? I can swear like a pirate but there are 2 words that I just cannot say and the "C" word is one them. (The other really isn't a swear word but it is highly offensive and that is the "N" word)
As an avid listener to Howard Stern I have to decry the unfairness of the FCC not enacting or enforcing any decency laws on morning television. These morning talk shows have no delay button. What is said is said and what is done is done. The repercussions are a simply apology (along with a silly giggle), a few moments in the limelight, of which these two old broads have very little of and a few discussions around the watercooler. That's it. No fines. No suspensions. Not even any harsh words.
As an adult and tax paying citizen, I don't give a rat's ass what these women said. Well I don't care for the "C" word but I won't have a meltdown about it. These are true conversations that are merely extensions of their normal lives. And nothing is more interesting than normal life. Especially that of a celebrity. Some people would say that it could be damaging to young ears and I would agree...to a point. But let's face it kids are exposed to all kinds of things. We can shield them to a point but all this hubbub over public profanity only makes it that much more interesting.
I'm not advocating public profanity by any means. But I am screaming for fairness. If Howard Stern can be fined for inuendo then why can't ABC and NBC be fined for out and outright swearing? And the use of 2 of the most profane words out there? Bono said the "F" word at an awards show and he wasn't fined because he used it as an adjective instead of a verb. WTF???? You have to listen to this it is hilarious
Oh and the answer is YES Jane is a Cu*t.
No comments:
Post a Comment