Saturday, February 16, 2008

More Winter Woes

I woke up to a distinctive dripping sound. No, it's not the eaves dripping in celebration of Spring. It's not the faucet dripping. Hmmmmm.....

I lay there perfectly still. Listening. Sam was sleeping. (notice I said "was")After a few minutes I got up to investigate further and to what to my wondering eyes did appear? You guessed it. A wet spot. And not a good wet spot. And not just one wet spot. Several on the ceiling and one rather large one on the quilt across the end of the bed.

Shit!

I woke up Sam. After a heated discussion about the dumb "effing" roof and some talk of what we should do it ended up with Sam on the roof. At 11pm. 5.4 degrees. Luckily the moon is fairly bright and the snow around the house high enough that I don't have to worry about him falling off. Shelby is sitting on the bed looking at the bucket precariously perched to catch the drip and listen to the constant scraping sound of the Sam cleaning the roof.

I love Winter. I love Winter. I love Winter. (What can I say? I'm trying the power of positive thinking.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uggg! That sounds like no fun at all. Brave boy Sam is, to fight off Leaky Dragon in 5 degree weather at midnight!

Anonymous said...

Gotta be an east coast thing. I've never had to shovel snow off of my roof in the 26 years I've lived in WA.

Better Sam than you!