My grandmother took a nasty fall last night. She fell face first onto the concrete patio. She is barely recognizable but didn't sustain any life threatening injuries. Her jaw is broke and she has fractures around her left eye. She's tough and we're incredibly lucky.
Get this, she is 87, fell face first on a concrete patio, sustained multiple fractures to her face, laid on that patio for well over a half hour while waiting for the ambulance in sub freezing temps, has a bruise that even Joe Fraser couldn't compete with and the hospital wanted to release her at midnight to go home.
We fought back. She wasn't ready to go home and she wasn't gonna go home. We won. Not sure at what cost yet, seems Medicare may not pay. But we'll work that out. One way or another. Her physical and emotional well being is all that matters.
Please say a prayer.
2 comments:
Deplorable that they would even contemplate sending her home!
Will be thinking of you both.
Prayer said (a little late, but one can never have too many prayers, right?)
I have a feeling that if I knew her, I'd like your mammy very much and I'm glad to hear that she's on the mend
Post a Comment