Tuesday, March 25, 2008

2nd Inning

6:40 am and I'm watching baseball on opening day. Baseball in Japan. Not sure how I feel about that. Red Sox vs Oakland A's. Sox are losing. Dice-K is struggling but it's baseball. It's SPRING. Even if my snowbanks are still 7 ft tall.

Yesterday Sam went up on the roof to loosen the last of the ice. He still doesn't need a ladder. The snowbank by my bedroom is still humungous. Sam is predicting that in July I'll be swimming in the pool and he'll be weedwacking around the snowbank. Sam shoveled all the snow that was around the steps out into the driveway. Yeah, I've converted him. He USED to think I was crazy for shoveling snow INTO the driveway but now he is out there every day.

BL (boss lady) is working from home today. You know what they say? When the cat's away the mice will play. I'm sure one of the mice will get a game of bowling in the aisles going. He purposely saved 10 2-liter soda bottles from the redemption center specifically for these kinds of days.

Shelby went to the doggie spa yesterday. She had to be shaved down pretty close because she was matted. She still is soooo cute. She looks like a little lamb. A precious little lamb. She snuggled against my side all night. She is only 7lbs but she is warm. Almost like a hot water bottle. She really is good for what ails me most of the time.

Dice-K just got out of a bases loaded inning. Maybe there is still hope.

It was 2 years ago yesterday that my cousin died. Still so hard to believe. That it happened. That it has been 2 years. 2 years. My God time flies right by. My Aunt is going to WA for the first time since he has been gone. She will get to visit his grave and see her grandchildren. I'm sure it's a trip of many emotions. My heart breaks for her. You should never have to visit your child's grave.

Today is Denise's birthday. My cousin. My sister. 39 years old. Sadie Woman as she was known when we were kids is almost 40. The merciless wail of time. It just keeps on marching on.

Melancholy.
I'm going to get in the shower and start my day before I fall into the great abyss of PMS/depression. Teetering on the edge of melancholy is enough for me.

3rd inning. Sox still losing. Game is going slow. Still getting used to baseball in Japan. But it's still Baseball. Gotta love it.

PS: Heather is doing very well after her accident. She has already replaced her vehicle and went back to work a couple of nights ago. Thanks for all your kinds thoughts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's very hard to believe that's its been 2 years since your cousin died. I'm sure it's a strong time for you! {{{{Boo}}}}

So....do you use your boss's "Magic 8 Ball" for your isle bowling???