See how she lays on my left arm? That's HER spot. It's not that she is heavy but she does usually press her head back against my arm and I think that may have caused a bit of a pinched nerve. Or tendonitis. Usually my arm is hanging a bit lower too, almost like I am carrying her against my hip.
Anyways, my arm hurts. ALL THE TIME. And I've also had trouble with my right arm and wrist from keying. I'm coping with all of that. Once in awhile I'll medicate but usually not. But night time is the worst. Everything seems to ache and throb. No matter how I lay, my arms are in the way. If I lay on either side my arms will get that tingly asleep feeling then they hurt even more once that wears off. The pain will wake me up or keep me from falling asleep at all. Lately I dread the nights. I know that no matter what I do I won't be comfortable. I'll wake up in pain. Sometimes the shooting pain is unbearable and I HAVE to medicate.
It really would be so much easier if I could just take my arms off at night and hang them up with my robe. Just talking about it is making them ache right now. It would be nice if I could just take them off and hang them with my coat. It would be even better if they didn't hurt at all. I haven't lost much in the way of strength and I still have most range of motion and I've lost no dexterity in my fingers but I guess I'm going to have to admit that this isn't going away and I need to see a doctor.
Darn I hate getting older.
I have actually started shopping around for a baby sling to carry Shelbs around with. She really likes to be held and she is so little and I truly enjoy holding her. Silly I know, but I am a weirdo and I can't seem to help it.
5 comments:
Try getting a massage Babe, that should help and usually insurance covers it. ;-) She is such a cutie!
What a great picture of you two! Are you sure it isn't carpal tunnel syndrome?
Sounds a lot like an over-use injury...tendinitis or something. Glad you're going to see the doc. Just think...it might give you a great excuse to dodge all the spring chores! ;)
maybe you should wear one of those ace bandage thingies on the elbow for awhile...
Sorry you have an owie. My only advice would be DO NOT go to the doctor. But I am biased. Every time I freakin' go they want to remove, file or stick a needle in something.
I have become a big advocate of ignoring things and hoping they will go away.
Doesn't work for everyone however. I expect to be dead by next July.
Post a Comment