Sam lost the car. In the Shaw's parking lot in Auburn. This is a HUGE parking lot with about 400 spaces. Well in his mind it was huge.
Really I think that he was so long inside at Shaw's that he either
A) forgot we had my car or
B) just plain forgot where he parked.
Either way I was pissed. Not because he lost the car. Not because the panic button didn't work. But because I fell down and dinged up my nail in the Big Lot's parking lot.
Sam had dropped me off to get my nails done then he went grocery shopping. I got done sooner than he expected. When he couldn't find the car I felt my only alternative was to start walking over there. It was a sunny day but that was quite deceiving. The wind was blustery and the air was frigid. It didn't get out of the 20's all day. I was walking across the parking lot when I came to a section that was next to a big snow pile and didn't get any sun. It was very icy and just as I was noticing that.....BAM...down I went. I had on my field coat and because I baby my left arm I fell just right that I was like a rolly poly on the ground. Do you think I could get my bearings and get right up??? Hell no!! I wasn't down long but it sure felt like an eternity to me. And my jacket and the knees of my jeans were all dirty.
I finally managed to get up, when Sam called. All proud of himself, HE FOUND THE CAR!!
"Yay...now get your narrow ass over here and pick me up." And I hung up.
I continued to walk and walk and walk. I finally called back to see where he was. He was coming around the corner. What I didn't know was that I had hung up too soon for him to tell me that he hadn't actually got IN the car yet he had only FOUND it. He still had to load groceries in it.
The wind chill was about 5 degrees and my fingers and face were freezing. My pride was in disarray, my brand new nails were screwed up and my patience had totally flown the coop.
He asked if I was ok when I got in the car.
"yes, but I'll tell you right now that I don't have the patience for your hi-jinx"
He apologized and just drove. All quiet. He KNEW. Don't mess with me when I've already been messed with.
He stared forward and drove. I stared forward and rode. Finally I looked over at him and he looked over at me and we burst out laughing.
He apologized again. I admitted it wasn't his fault it was just a crazy morning. I asked him to pull over so I could drive. He obliged.
All's Well that Ends Well.
3 comments:
Do you see what we men have to put up with??
Narrow ass indeed!
Women should be grateful for us men...I mean, did he laugh when you fell over? No..he was probably worried you hurt yourself.
And you treat him like that...shame on you!!
Great post btw :o)
Terry,
He does have a NARROW ass and after it was all said and done he did crack up.
But I am immensely grateful for you men....you provide loads of free entertainment.
(he was genuinely worried when I fell but only for about 10 seconds)
LOL!! What a crappy day. Im glad it ended with laughter though. ;-)
Love ya!
Post a Comment