Monday, April 21, 2008

Happiness abound

Things were sooo busy this weekend and alot of things came together.

First and foremost SPRING HAS ARRIVED!!!!. Almost all of our snow is gone. A big part of that is our diligence with the shoveling over the last couple of weeks because our neighbors still all have lots of snow. Sux being them.

We raked and shoveled dirt and chopped trees and picked up rocks. There is still tons to do but we have a mahvelous start. My friend's son came over and climbed and trimmed a few trees for me. He is amazing. 14 years old and wise beyond his years. He will be coming back in a couple of weeks to work on the stone walls. Hopefully by late Spring we'll have gotten through the worst of that clean up. They have been neglected for centuries so I know it will take awhile to spruce them back up.

The pool has ZERO ice. Still no where near ready for swimming but there is NO ICE so I am a happy Boo!!

Sam bought this hammock last night at Lowes. He's at home right now as I type putting it together.
I can't wait to plunk my sorry butt into it tonight.

I shut the furnace off last week. Sam and Sarah didn't even know, that's how warm it has been here. I did tell Sam last night so he'll stop fretting about wasted heat every time I open a window.

Sam finally made a decision about his place. He's going to rent it out. It's totally ironic who he is renting to and a year ago I would have never imagined we'd be at this place but it is a great place. Friendships have blossomed where none would have been imaged a year ago. Sam is happy. And relieved. It'll be nice to have dependable people living there and taking care of the place. Not to mention the income to cover the expenses there. Yeah, life is good.

Now if the price of gas would level off life would be better than good it would be downright grand!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing how spring will brighten an attitude, mmm? ;)

Unknown said...

Thank goodness for springs and hammocks.

Oops, just hit the punning zone ;-)

LisaBinDaCity said...

The last comment was me by the by!

Terry Stynes said...

Hey Boo,
That hammock looks great.
It's nice that things are going well for you both.
Oh and fuel prices here in England are just as bad....

Cin said...

That hammock looks lovely! I would probably kill myself in it...I see wheels! LOL!