Sam had told me that he saw a woman walking a dog that looked similar to Shelby only probably a bit bigger than her. I thought perhaps it was the neighbor with her bichon Paws. But it was about three miles so I wasn't sure.
Last night we took a ride to the store to get some milk. We had Sarah with us in the back seat. As we were driving by the spot Sam told me that was where he saw the woman with the white dog. Sarah is good friends with the neighbor's daughter and by proxy with the neighbor herself, so I asked Sarah if Melissa walks Paws that far away from home. She said no.
Then after thinking for a few minutes she asked Sam "Was it an older woman?"
Sam replied "Yes, she was about your mother's age"
Sarah burst out laughing and I just looked at him like he was from Mars. He looks at me and says "what?"
I just shot him a dagger and asked Sarah approximately what age was she thinking of when she said "older woman"? Sarah, through her giggles said "about 70"
Sam realizing his blunder said "oh honey, you know I love an older woman"
Ummm...NO...that doesn't even begin to cut it.
Then he said I don't look "that old".
Umm...keep digging buddy, you should be in China momentarily.
"You're really not "that" old. You're only 3 and half years older than me"
So now I'm thinking that I am an old battle ax who is a cradle robber. Yup.....keep on a digging.
He sat quietly. I could tell his wheels were turning. Back peddling. I was thinking I should let him off the hook.
Then he said "at least you're not getting AARP mail".
Tis true, he gets mail from them just about every week and he's only 37.
I was still thinking I should let him off the hook but my humorous side wouldn't let it go. When we got home I asked for his help getting out of the car. He looked at me kinda funny. I said "well, at my age I can't be too careful. I wouldn't want to break a hip"
"Oh jeeez"
2 comments:
I think he should be shot and hung from his netherregions from the nearest lamp post.
I think you look no older than 24 my dear.
christine,
Are you sure that's punishment enough??
Poor old Sam. :o(
Post a Comment