Monday, April 7, 2008

busy busy busy

Wow....what a hectic weekend. We got soooo much done. The second coat of paint in the kitchen is done. It has come out beautifully. The trim was freshened up with a coat of white paint and it made the color of the walls just Pop! The kitchen still isn't done because the countertops aren't in yet but I will post a pic of the work so far. (maybe tonight if I have the energy) Sam and I shoveled a ton of snow. It'll be Spring at Boo's house before you know it. I can almost get over the snowbank that is blocking where my crocuses are. I may actually see flowers in the next week.

On Sunday we got the wall phone fixed. It wasn't hung up right and looked retarded but that is now all set.
Sam installed the new digital thermostat. Programming it was actually pretty easy and so far it's working wonderfully.
My chaise lounge was broken. No one knows who or how it got broke but the wood inside of it was broke and it was all lopsided. My ex was able to fix it this weekend. Sam and I worked together to get the black mesh bottom and the legs put back on it.
Before all that happened Sam and I went out for a walk. 3 miles. Half of it on a snowmobile trail so it was like walking in sand. You guessed it. I was wiped out. OMG my legs felt like jelly.
While he was working on the thermostat I made us a pancake breakfast.
Then we went to my grandmother's for about an hour, then grocery shopping and finally back home for about 6pm. We missed the Red Sox game, which was good since they lost. We missed the race which was bad because I did very well this week. I am leading the racing pool by 66 pts. Eat My Dust!! Haha...I have to gloat while I can because by next week I could be in the basement.

By the time I fell into bed at 9pm I was exhausted.Even Sam who has boundless energy was tired. He rubbed my back as I fell asleep. That was heavenly. I'm glad he wasn't too tired for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just nothing like a good back rub after a busy weekend! Glad your spring is arriving! :)