Tuesday, April 8, 2008

He's been caught

"Is sam working today or is he off?"

My ex just called and asked me that question.
The reason? Well Sunday is Sam's birthday. I know what I am getting him but I will not have an opportunity to go and get it without him being with me. My ex was heading to Home Depot and he knew what I was getting so he offered to pick it up for me. (he's turned out to be a pretty good ex after all)
When he pulled into the parking lot there was a truck just like Sam's. Right down to the Dale Jr stickers in the window.

Sam had texted me earlier to let me know he was out of work early. He didn't say where he was going and I didn't ask.
This is going to be great because my ex is going to try to get the gift on the sly without Sam seeing him.
Tonight I will ask Sam if he was in Home Depot around noontime. And all I will say is that I have eyes and ears everywhere. Then I'll give him the ol' "must be nice to get a half day off and roam around Home Depot while the rest of us are slaving away" line.

Muwahahahahahahahahahah.......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Put him on notice and then give him a gift! Bwahahaha!

mainelife said...

It's a small state. No one gets away with nothin' around here, eh?

perdido said...

too funny!

that is so great that you and ex are getting along like that..wish I could say the same ; )

jackie said...

so was he off or working???????
inquiring minds want to know...

Tammy said...

Jackie,
He had gotten out of work early and was indeed at Home Depot.