Thursday, April 10, 2008

Waking up

The alarm went off. I hit the snooze button and snuggled back under the covers. The first dim light of daytime was starting to peek through my bedroom window.

The alarm went off a second time. It was now 5:09am. What's 9 more min?? Especially when the bed is at it's most comfortable so I hit the snooze a second time.

I don't know how it happened but I jolted awake and glanced up to the ceiling for the time. 5:48. Music was blaring and Sam and Shelby were snuggled in but starting to stir a little. I have gtotten up as late as 5:52 and still made it on time for my ride share, but there was no sense in pushing that envelope this morning.

I jumped out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I hadn't actually woken Sam up but I knew he was awake by the way he was moving and breathing. I got into the shower and started the official waking up process. After a few min I heard Sam come shuffling into the bathroom. I cheerfully said "Good Morning, Good Morning" (the first good morning is the greeting and the second good morning is our pet name for everyone in the morning. Long story and quite silly but it works for us)

I could hear him in a VERY sleepy low grumbly voice say "I don't wanna make the donuts"

Haha. Even in an almost asleep state of mind he can be funny.

It's supposed to get as high as 66 today. I think Spring may actually be on the verge of arriving. The weather has been a little cool but quite nice. Sam and I have worked diligently every night on our 10 foot snow banks. They are now down to about 5 feet and shrinking more each day. I can now see the upper edge of the firepit. It won't be long now before we are out there in the evenings enjoying the crackling flames and soft sooty scent of burning wood. The birds have been going crazy with this warmer weather. The robins are fatter this year than ever. Florida must have been very good to them this winter. We have nuthatches, chickadees, woodpeckers, blue jays(who are really pigs dressed as birds), and a few other birds I have yet to identify.

Life is good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life is good! :) Happy Spring!

perdido said...

It is near I think. Tonight when I went outside, it felt like I was in FL - warm and humid at 9pm LOL

Traci Dolan said...

Life's good here too! Hopefully, Spring has sprung.