First of all I spent most of the first week getting ready for a freaking lawn sale. Way too much work for way too little money but it was fun. We sold about 2/3 of our stuff and donated the rest of it to a church that hosts a free store. Some of it I thought was just junk but the lady who came to collect the goodies insisted on taking EVERYTHING. I think she may have a case of pack-rat-itis and I'm not sure any of our stuff will make it to the free store. She was quite enamoured with our trinkets. At first that kinda pissed me off then I remembered why I was so psyched about her coming over. I was getting rid of my shit. I never had any other intentions. It really didn't matter to me where it went as long as my basement was empty. 2 days and about $200 later the basement was clean and I was exhausted.
In the middle of the cleaning out for the sale I came across several boxes and bags of blankets. I decided against selling them and decided to donate them to the animal shelter. I had donated some a few weeks before and they were so excited to get them. I guess selfishly I wanted that feeling again, so I gathered up the blankies and also decided to throw in some other goodies. Cat litter, bleach and shavings for pig bedding. I lugged all my stuff in. Took me 2 trips and the ladies at the shelter couldn't thank me enough. After I dropped off the goodies I wandered around. I saw 2 cats and a precious little white shelby doggie that I wanted to adopt. Later that night I made the joke to Sam that I had adopted 2 cats and a dog. He laughed. Said "no way". Said we can't afford more pets. Said he has missed Fluffy since he has been gone. Said "no way, we already have too much on our plate". I just sat and listened. I wasn't truly asking for a new baby. It was more of a joke. Then he said "Cats are easy, pretty much take care of them selves." I could see the wheels turning, smell the smoke burning as his brain was whirling. He said "If you want a cat go and get it"
So I did. Sam and I adopted Pita (Pain In The Ass) Only I don't think she is so I renamed her Lucy.
On Monday Sam and I went to Bar Harbor. To say the views are stunning would be an understatement.
Cadillac Mountain was an easy ride in the car and boasts some of the best views in Maine.
Of course what is a vacation without mini golf? This place was great. We had so much fun and the course was amazing.
Sam and I were tossed into the gallow
But I schmoozed Capt Blackbeard and we were set free.
I have more pics but I am tired. It's 2:18 on 7/17. My birthday! 42 years on this great Earth.
5 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOO!!! May it be your best yet!
Happy birthday, Boo!!! I hope you have a GREAT day! :)
Hey Happy Birthday youngin!!!! Hope you are having a wonderful day Celebrate for the whole week!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope your year ahead is filled with much love and laughter.
Is Captain Blackbeard grabbing your ass? Looks like it. ;-)~
love the new kitty
Post a Comment