Because there was no rest.
The filter on the pool has officially shit the bed. It would run but wasn't filtering the water. Even with double super shock and a half a bottle of algacide the pool was rapidly turning green. Blech!! Let me just say as much as I love the pool, I also HATE the sonofabitchingmoneysucker. Another $338. Oh well.
Last night Sam and I worked on getting the old filter taken down and the new one put in. It was 9pm and dark when we finally came in the house and he will be finishing it up today. My self imposed 9pm bedtime for last night flew out the window.
Sarah had asked if she could babysit a friend's little boy overnight. He is a week shy of 3 and a pretty good little guy so I agreed. Then she asked if her friend Tasha could come over. Again she is a good kid and I agreed as long as both girls were attentive to the little guy. And they were. Until 1am.
"Mom, Jeremy throwed up all over the bed!!!"
Yeah my night went straight into the shitter. Both girls were gagging but they did take him into the bathroom to give him a bath while I tackled the bedroom. About a half hour later and a few angry words at Sarah about the upkeep of her room and we were ready to think about getting back into bed.
During that time Sam had checked on the cat bowls. He filled with food and freshened the water. He said both cats were on the stairs, together when he opened the door. They weren't growling or hissing. They weren't really hanging out either they were just there. I suggested he bring up Lucy for some quiet bonding time. Adopting and helping everyone adjust is a lot of work. I don't know how Brad and Angelina do it.
Shelby came in the bedroom too so we allowed them a few moments together until Shelby started barking and playing around. 2am is NOT the time to test out your new older sister. Lucy was not amused. We finally put Shelby out into the kitchen (where she has 3 beds).
After a few minutes we were settled in. Sam quietly slipping into unconciousness and Lucy snuggled down by our legs. I laid there in the dark. Trying to fall asleep. Lucy has such a LOUD motor that she was almost as bad as Mom and Roger's snoring when we were in CT. Sam says "Geeeezuz Keriste" about Lucy and I couldn't help but laugh. She has only been with us 12 days but she is happy. And that makes me happy.
2 hours and 2 episodes of Walker Texas Ranger later I finally fell back asleep. Just about in time for the alarm.
No comments:
Post a Comment